Followers

Sunday 17 January 2016

I’m just getting mouldy enough to be interesting



Another male card and another outing for Tim Holtz’s Bird Crazy birds.


This time I’ve used the matching dies too, which makes fussy cutting a dream especially for teeny tiny things like the balloon string!  I’ve given this little bird a bow tie as the recipient likes to wear them.  He is also getting on a bit and takes himself way too seriously so when I saw Edna had set a challenge of O is for Old I knew I was going to have some fun with sentiments.  Now of course I didn’t have a stamp with the right sentiment so I printed this one on the computer.

My card follows the current sketch over at Jo’s Scrap Shack Fun-day Friday.  It was a great sketch to make up a nice CAS card, just the sort I like to make for males.  I picked my washi tapes based on the theme of age so I’ve got clocks, a ruler, dates and a Periodic Table as an obscure dig (he’s as old as the elements, which he just might get!).  CAS is the current topping at Seize the Birthday so I am entering my card there too.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Framelits ~ 660953 Crazy Things
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits ~ 660954 Crazy Birds
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber, Mermaid Lagoon, Milled Lavender, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass & Weathered Wood
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Huckleberry Pie
Ribbons & Trims
Washi Tapes from stash
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz ~ CMS212 Bird Crazy & CMS237 Crazy Things
Challenges
Seize the Birthday ~ Topping: “Clean and Simple”

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Love your use of the sketch. Totally adorable. Thanks for joining us at Jo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these crazy birds! And your sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bow tie!! And of course the snarky sentiment! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "O is for Old" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and lovely CAS style card! Your take on the sketch is lovely, a great way to mass produce cards too as this sketch works perfectly for that. Thank you so much for joining our Funday Friday challenge this week! We always love to see what you create!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what a fun card. Great take on the sketch as well. Thank you for joining in on the fun over at Jos Scrap Shacks Funday Friday Challenges.

    Amanda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card... These birds are so great and can be matched with so many sayings and sentiments! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that saying...it's awesome! Your card is adorable. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love anything with the crazy birds. Still waiting on the stamp set of extra items and then will get the dies. Thanks for joining in our Old challenge at SoSS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: