Followers

Monday 12 October 2015

You’re in the arms of the angel…



I have a sympathy card to share today featuring So Long Yesterday from Ching-Chou Kuik.


I made the card base following the patterns at Noor! Design as I wanted something special given the reason for this card.  As I have used a special card form I am entering it in the current challenge at Hanna and Friends.

I couldn’t find an angel image I liked in my collection or through a Google search but thought the lovely image from Ching-Chou Kuik worked well for a sympathy card.  To make her into an angel I cut some wings from a LaLa Land die.  I also added some metal angel wing charms, which I softened with Picket Fence Distress Paint and PanPastels, to give them a shimmery effect I spritzed with my favourite Perfect Pearls Mist.  As my card features angels I am entering it in the current challenge at Deep Ocean.

My image is teamed with a sentiment from Close To My Heart that I’ve stamped in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to tie in with the pink theme.  With stamping and a sentiment I am also entering my card at Sweet Stampin’.  The sides of the card looked a bit bare so I added in some pearl swirls and echoed these with some pearls on my centre panel.  Pearls are the current theme at Crafty Friends so I’m linking my card up there too.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B0000, B00, B02
Lips R00, R02
Hair E42, E43, E50, Y21
Outfit RV00, RV10, RV11, RV32, RV34
Flowers BV20, G07, G12, G14, R00, RV11
Butterflies V20, V22, V25, Y11, Y15, Y28, YR23
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Angel Wings Metal Charms from stash
Crafts 4U ~ Rhinestone Adhesive Flourish B
I Am Roses ~ Mini Roses (R2-15), Cottage Roses ½" (R8-15) & ¾" (ZR3-15) all tinted with Various Inks R81
Kaisercraft Pearls ~ Blush
Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings ~ Lace Heart
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Tutu Pink
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Foxy
House of Paper Cardstock Romanesque ~ Pearl
Marion Smith Roman Novel Ch 2 ~ Forever
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Close To My Heart ~ C1524 Words of Comfort (retired)
Challenges
Hanna and Friends #232 ~ Special Card Form

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Gorgeus coloring.
    Thanks for playing at Hanna and Friends.
    Gr.Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sympathy card. So beautifully done! Love that stunning image. Your sentiment strip is perfect for our current challenge at Sweet Stampin' too. So glad you joined in the fun with us for our 'Text or Script' challenge. Love to see you join in again for future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card design and beautifully coloured image! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, gorgeous image and you have coloured her in lovely... perfect sentiment too for a sympathy card. Thanks for entering the 'Gems and/or Pearls' challenge over at Crafty Friends. Hope you will join us for our next challenge... Good Luck!
    Diane Louise (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: