Followers

Saturday 13 June 2015

If I had it to do all over again, I'd still hit that shot



Today I’m sharing my first ever Tim Holtz 12 Tags tag, based on the June 2015 tag.


When I saw Tim’s June tag it made me think of golf, think it was the plaid and colours, I don’t know.  At any rate, I thought it would make a great tag for a friend who loves to play golf, not to mention a great excuse to buy some more Tim Holtz goodies to play with.

Not only was this my first TH Tag but it’s the first time I’ve used the techniques to make the background.  Guess it shows with the smudgy lines for my plaid and how dark my background is compared to Tim’s original.  I had a lot of fun making it though and I think it turned out OK.

I basically copied Tim’s design and techniques until it came to the die cut.  I tried to find some golf related ones but they were teeny tiny so I improvised.  My golf ball is cut from Tim’s Mini Pocket Watch; I just cut off the winder.  It’s hard to see in the photo but I used Bazzill Dotted Swiss to give that authentic dimpled appearance.  I made my golf club from Grungeboard; the handle has UTEE into which I pressed some silver using a pin for a bit of a cross-hatched texture like you get on the grip of some golf clubs.  I had a lot of blank space so I printed a golf score card on some Kraft cardstock to place behind the golf club and ball.

I didn’t have the stamps Tim used so I printed my sentiment, one appropriate for a gift card, in Travelling Typewriter font.  I had the Typed Tokens already and chose the ‘hello’ as my friend has a habit of saying that a few times when he wants something.

Over at Mod Squad the current theme is a tag so I am linking my tag over there.  And while golf is not my favourite sport it definitely is for the recipient of this tag so I am also entering it at Ruby’s Rainbow.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ~ Black
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Alterations Movers & Shapers Die ~ Mini Pocket Watch
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Loop Pins, Tiny Attacher Staple & Typed Tokens
Inks & Paints etc
Inkssentials Enamel Accents ~ Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles & Walnut Stain
Vintage Patina ~ Nouveau Silver
Papers
Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock ~ Salt
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Grungeboard Basics Plain
Ribbons & Trims etc
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Linen Ribbon & Textured Surfaces Burlap
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Great tag and golf themed project. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow
    Shaz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you joined us at the Mod Squad challenge this week. This tag is a real work of art and I can hardly believe that it is your first one. You made a lot of great provisions. Hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is beautiful and creative. I love your smudgy plaid:-) Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad ChallengeIf you’ve haven't become a follower yet, please do so as soon as you can. To be a winner, one must be a follower. If you already follow us, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your golf version of Tim's tag - very creative design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: