Followers

Sunday 1 February 2015

Sweet thief, whence didst thou steal thy sweet…



…cupcake!

The card I’m sharing today features an image from Mo’s Digital Pencil, Cupcake Thief, my first time ever using one of Mo Manning’s gorgeous images.
 

There’s a new challenge I’m proud to be a DT member of, Show Your Digi Love, where the theme is always anything goes with that month’s chosen digi artists.  It’s all about using the images you have in your stash and showing some love for the artists who created them.  In my case having Mo’s Digital Pencil among the chosen artists for our first challenge was a perfect excuse to go off and buy my very first (and second and third and, well, you get the picture) Mo Manning digi.

To make up my card I followed the current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  As I’d printed and coloured my digi on my usual 4x6 piece of card I was a bit constrained on my circle size choice.  I actually used the largest of the Nestie set and had to use the “out of the box” technique (for a great tut check out the Kraftin’ Kimmie blog post by Becky) to fit the image in.  As a result I ended up shrinking down the other two circle elements.

I swapped out the flower element for a cupcake button from my stash; I also raided my stash for some interesting embellies for the other two circle elements.  As I have three different types of embellishments I am entering this in the current challenge over at Brown Sugar.

Now I don’t really have anything warm on this card, I guess trying to make a quick getaway on foot carrying three very large and tasty cupcakes would get you rather warm, but fortunately the main theme over at Bronte and Bella’s Challenge is anything goes and I do have my Mo Manning image so I’m also entering my card there.

Hope to see you over at Show Your Digi Love, easy peasy anything goes every month and a whole month to enter the challenge.  It’s a just for fun challenge but there are some gorgeous badges to display on your blog if you’re among the DT’s top picks and the overall DT favourite will be asked to guest DT in the next month’s challenge.  It’s a great way to show your love for the artists that make our hobby possible and your financial support (yep we all like a freebie but artists need to eat too!) so they can keep creating their awesome art.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E23
Hair Y15, Y17, Y21
Outfit RV52, RV63, RV66, RV69
Cupcakes C0, C2, E31, E33, E34, E44, E47, E49, G03, G09, N4, N6, N8, R35, R46, R59, RV02, RV10, RV11, RV13, V05, Y21, Y23, Y26, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powder ~ Angel Wings Ruby & Stardust Candy Rose
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Classic Scalloped Circles
Embellishments
Close to my Heart ~ Mini-Medley Accents Slate
Crochet Doily from stash
Jesse James Button It Up ~ Mini Sweet Treats
Inks & Paints etc
Shimmerz ~ Sugar Plum
Spica ~ Clear, Gold, Lavender & Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Seedless Preserves & Spun Sugar
Papers
Core’dinations Cardstock ~ Amaryllis
Echo Park Little Girl ~ Jody’s Stripe
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cupcake card! And, I'm with you, it is soo easy to go crazy buying Mo images! This one is darling. Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 this week.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and sweet image... love the cuteness of it...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, so cute! What a fun card. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous make! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Mo's Digital Pencil "anything goes /Cosy N Warm" challenge . good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: