Followers

Sunday 2 November 2014

...y su amor más permanente



This card rounds out my trio of Dia De Los Muertos cards and features Sugar Skull Trish from Simply B Stamps.


To make up my card I followed the Week 4 sketch over at Viva La Verve, I just swapped out shapes for the elements in the sketch mostly for a bit of added interest.  For my colour inspiration I used the photo at Inkspirational, I kept coming back to it I think because of the owls and the bright colours.  Owls because Trish (who this digi was drawn for) loves owls and the bright colours because of Dia De Los Muertos.  I also picked up the crochet in my flower embellie and mirrored the swirly circles in my background paper.

I’ve really enjoyed making my Dia De Los Muertos cards, it is a lovely tradition and sure beats the morbid view of death we often have.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin C00, N0, N1
Eye B00, B04, 0
Lips R39, R43, R46
Hair B00, B02, B04, N4, N6, N8, 100
Outfit YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Pearl ~ Copper
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven
Embellishments
Jolee’s Stickers ~ Black & White Skulls & Skeletons
Sugar Skull Button from stash
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Word Band
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Orange
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Rusty Hinge & Salty Ocean
Wink of Stella ~ Blue, Orange & Yellow
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Sea Breeze
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic ~ Doily Multi
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: