Followers

Saturday 14 June 2014

When her robe is unfurled…


There’s an awesome new Steampunk release over at Simply B Stamps, Dark Stories and Tales by Abigail Larson, and I’ve got the stunning Tattooed to share today.

 
This image needed a stage worthy of how spectacular she looks so I’ve gone off the page to make a wall plaque featuring an elaborate set of opening doors.  Well, OK, they are the Twiddleybitz Opening Gates but I think they work just as well as a set of screen doors.  I’ve aged up my doors with loads of inks and modelling paste and rusting powder and then gone to town with my flowers and metal embellies.

And here it is with the doors open.


And a close up of the gorgeous image.


The current theme over at PunkyouGirl is sexy/steamy and I think this image is just that, especially partially concealed behind the screen doors.  I imagine she is getting ready for a performance where you get to see just how much of her is tattooed so I am entering my plaque over there.

While this imagine isn’t quite a girl with a dragon tattoo she is tattooed and a girl so there’s somewhat of a link but even if there’s not enough of one this is a Steampunk themed project so I’m also entering it at Left of Center.

This month’s theme over at SanDee & amelie’s Steampunk challenge is to use shades of grey, blue and rust.  I’ve got a love hate relationship with rusting powder, I love the effect but I hate trying to get it to work!  So I’ve just used it on my doors and left my metal embellies as they were, except for my chandelier which I have patinaed and wet embossed and glossy enamelled.  I have spritzed my flowers to be a rusty colour and the base plaque is also a lovely rusty orange.  I mixed these up with some grey roses and for my blue I have coloured up the lovely Tattooed’s dress in blues.  I did do the curtain in red but it really needed that dramatic red background and it makes a nice contrast to the mostly rust colours.  You can’t see much of the stencilling I did with embossing paste but I still like the effect although I could have placed the stencil higher to avoid the horizontal line and to cover the top of the plaque but way too late to fix that now.

The SBS DT have done some amazing projects with these images, go check them out and leave them some love, check out the SBS blog or else see the list of DT  blogs below.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E27
Lips R29
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Curtains R24, R29, R46, R59, R89
Floor E30, E31, E33, E35, T4, T6, T8, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Aged Ochre
Perfect Pearls ~ Pewter
Twiddleybitz ~ Rusting Powder
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
I Am Roses ~ Mini Mulberry Variegated Black Brown Roses (coloured with Smooch Spritz Ginger Snap) 
Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms ~ Coconut (coloured with Various Inks C5)
Petaloo Darjeeling ~Wild Blossoms Paprika (coloured with Smooch Spritz Ginger Snap & Log Cabin)
Petaloo Penny Lane Garden ~ Forget Me Nots Antique Beige (coloured with Smooch Spritz Ginger Snap & Log Cabin)
Prima Flowers ~ Le Mia
Prima Shabby Chic Metal Treasures ~ Chandelier
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Chain Tassel, Game Spinners, Jump Ring, Mini Gears, Sprocket Gears & Timepiece
Twiddleybitz ~ Opening Gate
Inks & Paints etc
Inkssentials Enamel Accents ~ White
Sharpie ~ Silver Metallic
Smooch Spritz ~ Ginger Snap & Log Cabin
Spica ~ Gold & Silver
Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink ~ Rusty Bucket & Teal Damask
Studio 490 Embossing Paste ~ Black & Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Stain ~ Tarnished Brass
Vintaj Patina ~ Aged Bronze & Verdigris
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon ~ Chalk White (dyed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Iced Spruce)
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, LOVE your wall plaque!

    And I have the same love hate relationship with rusting powder as you have - so I think you did an awesome job on the doors! But the rusty colour effects look even more beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful steampunk make with us at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colours, and what you did with the flowers is amazing! Thank you for joining SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily!!! This is beautiful! The new steampunks at SBS are gorgeous and you have done an amazing job with this! I aspire to your colouring - it's awesome! Wow!!! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center this fortnight!! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping another hat on! Thanks for entering at PunkyouGirl this month too!! Definitely a sexy image - loving the tattoo'd leg! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project Emily love this thanks for joining in at Left of Centre Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing artwork! Wow wow wow!
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. so awesome and Congratulations on your win at Punk You Girl with this awesome plaque!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: