Followers

Monday 5 May 2014

The air itself is filled with monsters


It’s challenge time over at Simply Steampunk Challenges and our theme this month is piecing together (e.g. quilting or stitches) and the whole DT is playing with this gorgeous image, Bride of Frankenstein.


You’ve got to go and check out all the different ways the talented teamies have used this image.

To make up my card I’ve followed the sketch at Sketch N Stash, I did rotate the image element though to fit with the orientation of mine and also swapped the sentiment for some Steampunky metallic goodness and roses.  I’ve had the Prima Pipes in my stash for a long time and have used most of them on this project.  I thought they fitted well with the image, I imagine Frankenstein’s laboratory to have lots of exposed pipes.  I also imagine he’d have strapped his creations down as he brought them to life with an electric shock hence the leather strap and the lovely Idea-ology buckle.

With all the metal elements on this I am also entering it in the current challenge over at SanDee&amelie’s.  I was also going to have a piece of fake metal with a chippie frame I faux metalled up but it ended up way too big and hid all the stitching I did.  I wanted to keep the stitching in view as it ties in with the image again and all the stitches on her.

The Crafter’s Café has Steampunk for their current theme so I am also linking up my card over there.
 
Now hopefully I’ve inspired you to create your own Steampunk project.  No?  Then go take a look at the SSC teamies and their gorgeous creations, they are sure to get your creative juices flowing.  We’d sure love to see you play along with our challenge, just remember you must use either Bride of Frankenstein or Frankenstein’s Bride Portrait.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B00
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Dress W00, W1, W3, W5, W7
Background E17, E18, E70, E71, E74, E77
Levers C1, C3, C5
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Buckles & Mini Gears
We R Memory Keepers Eyelets ~ Warm Metal
Inks & Paints etc
Prima Ingvild Bolme ~ Rusty Bucket
Smooch Spritz ~ Mossy Mist
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fired Brick, Tattered Rose & Walnut Stain
Wink of Stella ~ Clear
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Prima Craftsman ~ Black Box, Draftsman, Engineer, Mechanic & Tools of the Trade
Ribbons & Trims etc
Silver Creek Leather Co Suede Strip ~ Medium Brown
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Emily,

    this is brilliant! Love those metal embellishments and your colouring! And I am sure we will see the chippie frame with some other gorgeous project of yours! ;)

    Thank you for joining us at SASPC with this cool and clever Steampunk creation!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow This is a gorgeous design and a great image, thank you for sharing at The Crafters Café, hope to see you again soon
    {Crafters Cafe DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous and unique card and I love what you did with our sketch.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Steampunk card Emily. I love all the gears and metal. Thanks for playing along with us in our "Steampunk Challenge" and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Emily! You never disappoint with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - love the embellies.
    Thanks for playing along at Sketch n Stash this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these colors they work so well it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, nice work! I love the belt at the bottom - cool idea! Thank you for joining SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: