Followers

Sunday 18 May 2014

…how strange is that clinging love we have of life…


This is my second project featuring one of the new commissioned images from Simply B Stamps, this one is Franken Cutie Helen, and she really is a cutie.


As these images are commissioned there is no theme to the collection so you really get images to suit any occasion, from the inspirational Fight for the Cause Nancy in my previous card to this image perfect for Halloween.  Not that I’ve really used a Halloween theme on this card, mostly because I won’t be waiting til Halloween to send this one.

My card follows the current sketch at Jo’s Scrap Shack, a sketch that was perfect for Franken Cutie Helen and the ‘stitched together’ theme I was going for.  I’ve used stitching on this as well as distressing, a couple of techniques I am particularly fond of.  With my featured techniques I am entering this in the current challenge over at Scrapping4fun.  This card features a couple of other things I am particularly fond of too, flowers and lots of layers.  I realy do love layering up my cards to show off various designer papers and really add weight and dimension.  It’s L for layers over at ABC Challenges so I’m also entering my card over there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E21, E11 (cheeks E02)
Eyes E23, E25, 0
Lips R29, R46, R59
Hair E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, Y26
Dress BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ ATCs & Labels Four
Embellishments
BoBunny Jewels ~ Glaze (coloured with Y19)
Jolee’s All That Bling ~ Multi Color Multi Shape Gems
Mulberry Roses from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain & Weathered Wood
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the stitching and the layering.
    Cute image.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you turned the sketch well done on the card beautifully done details to it. thanks for joining us over at Jos funday friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I too, love to stitch, but I keep forgetting that technique. Thanks for the reminder and thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love your take on this week's sketch... and love that sentiment! Thank you for playing with us at Jo's Funday Friday!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful take on the sketch. I love all your elements. TFS and joining us at Jo's for FFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card your colouring is fab, thank you for joining us at the ABC challenge for our 'L is for lots of Layers' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful elements and use of the image! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emily, please follow this link. Congrats
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/05/winner-and-featured-creations-challenge.html

    Thank you
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: