Followers

Monday 5 May 2014

How beautifully dramatic!


My second card today features the stunning image, a revisited Frankenstein’s Bride Portrait by Abigail Larson and available at Simply B Stamps.


Just like my first card, this one features piecing together (quilting), which is this month’s theme over at Simply Steampunk Challenges.

I followed the current sketch over at Outlawz which was perfect for some paper piecing action.  I love double matting to give a 1/6th border and I love that I could use all the scraps of Prima Craftsman’s paper from my other card.  Scrappy cards is the current theme over at A Creative Romance so I am entering my card there.

So I wanted to do some sort of quilted cog thing but didn’t know how or what so I did what I always do in this sort of situation, I sought help from Mr Google and he didn’t disappoint.  I found a fabulous real quilt by Jacquie of Tall Grass Prairie Studio and I scraplifted the shape she used.  I used two Nestie circles to make a donut shape for my template, when I was done though I wanted to make it look more cog-like so I cut the little triangles out of both the inside and outside edge, shame you can’t see the inside but hey, I am good at doing details no one can see!

Not only did I fussy cut my quilted cog but I also fussy cut the image, yep, that amazing gothic frame comes with the image and this crazy little crafter deciding fussy cutting it was a good idea.  I love how it turned out though but then I always love the results of fussy cutting as much as I hate the process.  I’m linking this up at the current Party Time Tuesdays’ challenge which is all about fussy cutting.

I picked my embellies to suit the theme of the image, a clock key as Frankenstein’s Bride was “constructed” and needed to be turned on so to speak.  An Idea-ology Muse Token with the word “Unique” as she certainly is that and a set of keys because I am sure that being a constructed person you would feel like you were in a cage not able to escape the constraints of your origins.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B00
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Dress RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Circles & Standard Circles
Embellishments
Metal Key Charm from stash
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Clock Keys & Muse Tokens
Inks & Paints etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst ~ Cocoa Bean Copper
Tim Holtz Distress Inks ~ Dusty Concord, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs, Iced Spruce, Pumice Stone, Tea Stain, Victorian Velvet & Weathered Wood
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Prima Craftsman ~ Black Box, Draftsman, Engineer, Mechanic & Tools of the Trade
Stamps
Challenges



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. She is positively beautiful !
    As always ~ :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout and as always your coloring is just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: