Followers

Tuesday 25 February 2014

…but I drifted


There’s some new editions to the Fairy Tales & Myths collection of Steampunk images over at Simply B Stamps and I have the gorgeous Snow White to show today.

As with all my release day images I have placed this image on a Kraft album page, the layout for this one follows the current sketch at Friday Sketch Challenge.  I seem to always find a sketch I like in the wrong shape, normally I am resizing rectangles to squares but this time I had to go the other way.  It was a great sketch though for showing off the designer papers I wanted to use in all their woodsy glory.  I really wanted to contrast the background that is more Snow White and the Huntsman with my Snow White who is in the bright colours of Disney.

I had to add butterfly embellies, I wanted to add some birds too but didn’t have any small enough, again reminiscent of Disney’s Snow White.  And with my butterflies I am entering this in the current Crafting Musketeers’ challenge. 

But of course this is a Steampunk project so it had to have Steampunk butterflies, I thought the Jolee’s Boutique ones needed some added dimension to I added some real gears.  I’d have liked to add a large one on the right side too but my stash of gears is almost completely used up and the couple I had were way too big.  In keeping with the Steampunk theme my other butterflies are a bit grungy as is my label, which is a Prima wood trinket turned over to reveal the uncoloured side.  As this is a Steampunk project I am also entering it in the Crafts 4 Eternity current challenge.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E02)
Eyes E25
Lips R46
Hair T4, T6, T8, 100
Dress B24, B32, B37, B39, R24, R29, R46, Y02, Y04, Y06, Y08
Boots N0, N1, N2, N4
Embellishments
Jolee’s Boutique ~ Steampunk Floral and Butterflies Border
Prima Junkyard Findings ~ Tiny Clock Parts
Prima Wood Tickets ~ Meadow Lark
Watch Parts from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Forest Moss & Pumice Stone
Tim Holtz Distress Marker ~ Vintage Photo
Papers
Graphic 45 Kraft
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. oh your coloring is just FABULOUS, what a beautiful card...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous and it has a very Steampunk feel,well done. Your coloring is bright and beautiful.
    😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, as always, Emily. Love the butterflies and the combo of Disney & the Huntsman...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'butterflies' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Steam Punk creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :) hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card & colouring amazing, Thanks for joining CMC x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: