Followers

Friday 3 January 2014

I’ve Been Steampunked!


There’s a gorgeous new release over at Simply B Stamps, drawn by our very own Betty featuring us, the Simply Steampunk DT gals and I’ve got me, Emily, to share.


It’s a new year so I’m starting a new box but keeping with my tradition of making my release day projects as pages from a Kraft album to store in a keepsake box.  To make up this page I’ve followed the current sketch (flipped) at Digi Sketch Challenge and I’ve also used their twist theme of ribbon and pearls.  And, yes, I stupidly stuck the pearls individually and randomly so they aren’t evenly spaced but once they were glued I wasn’t moving them, especially as I’d already coloured up my chipboard frame and didn’t have a spare!  I’m also entering this in the current anything goes challenge at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Betty has kindly given us each our own image to give away so that means you get to win Steampunk Emily right here on my blog.  How you ask?  Just leave me a comment telling me if you dressed in Steampunk what your Steampunk motif would be, mine, if you haven’t guessed, would be an umbrella and pocket watch.  So leave your comment (and don’t forget your email addy) by 6 January and I’ll have random.org pick a winner.

We’re also launching our new challenge today, the theme is Wings / Grunge it up, you can see my project here.  So colour up your favourite Steampunk image and either grab some wings or grunge it up or, if you’re up for it, do both, and come join in the fun, we’d love to see what you create.  You have until 5 February to enter at Simply Steampunk Challenges.

Now there’s plenty going on with this special release, we’re blogging our way around the DT so you should have come here from the fabulous Corinne’s blog, if you’ve just wandered onto my post then why not head on over to the SSC blog and check out all the amazing projects.  If you’ve come here via the hop then head on over to the lovely Kay’s blog to see what delights she has in store for you.  And to help you on your way you’ll find the complete hop list at the end of this post.  Don’t forget, you can win a Steampunk Gal at each blog so leave them all some love along the way.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks R02)
Eyes G03, G07, G09, 0
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E29, E31, E35, E37, E49
Outfit E08, E33, E35, E47, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89, W5, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG95
Embellishments
Flourish with a Bling Pearls – Copper (Maybe Chocolate?)
Inks & Paints etc
StazOn – Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Wink of Stella – Clear & Gold
Papers
Graphic 45 Kraft Album Page
Ribbons & Trims etc
The Paper Studio – Clock Faces Twill
Stamps
Challenges


Blog Hop List
Emily (thats me)



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your Card is gorgeous and I love the sentiment.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Sketch Challenge and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: