Followers

Saturday 28 September 2013

As its remembrance gives you pleasure

It’s a friend’s birthday tomorrow and I thought a mini album would make a nice gift for her, especially one inspired by a classic she loves, Pride and Prejudice.  It features an IndigoBlu image on the cover, Elizabeth Bennett.

 

The stamp is quite detailed and I am not the world’s best stamper so I wasn’t sure how well I’d stamp it out.  Surprisingly it stamped beautifully and the Tea Stain Distress Ink I used on a sheet of designer paper from My Mind’s Eye gave the perfect old leather book feel I was looking for.

I followed the current sketch at Crafting Life’s Pieces for my cover as I don’t do layouts well without a sketch.  The sketch really suited the shabby chic look I wanted, it’s the style I image Lizzie would have had her room decorated in, not because shabby chic was in when the Bennett’s lived but because Mr Bennett’s income would have meant their furnishings were somewhat shabby but Elizabeth Bennett was, despite the jibes of the Bingley sisters, a very chic young woman.

I created the piece of designer paper with the text using another piece of paper from the same My Mind’s Eye stack and printed a quote from Pride and Prejudice in Jane Austen font.  I distressed all the edges of my designer papers and cut my image out using a Nestie.  I didn’t have a doily that was small enough and I really wanted some dimension to the cover so I added the flowers as the final feminine touches.

Now as this is very much inspired by P&P, I am entering it in the current challenge at Through the Purple Haze (at the eleventh hour as usual!).  As it also features a “vintage” lady image (sorry Ms Austen but you and your characters are vintage now!) I’m entering it at the Crafting Musketeer’s challenge.  As my base colour is pink (background DP, foreground DP and flowers) I’m entering this in the current challenge at Inky Chicks.  And as London is the location of significant events in P&P I’m also linking this at Drunken Stampers.

Ingredients:
Base
Canvas Corp Stitched Book
Embellishments
Petaloo Paper Flowering Vines – Blush
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Labels 27
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Creative Memories Vintage Chic – Mat Pack
My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found – Market Street
Stamps
Challenges
Crafting Musketeers #5 – Vintage

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend will love the mini album; it's lovely. Thanks for joining the fun at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its fantastic and im sure your friend will love it...

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love it & I'm sure your friend will too. Thanks for playing along at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and so elegant, Emily! I love it! Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, love your inking around the edges-- the stamp is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely...thanks for playing along with the drunken Stampers this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, this is gorgeous! Your stamping is fantastic, love the custom made script paper! Thanks for playing along with the London challenge at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, I'm sure your friend will love it.Thank you for taking part in the Crafting Muskateers challenge this month and good luck.
    Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card its so pretty, thanks for entering it at Through the purple haze challenges
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorg Emily! Love the texture and the inking. And your interpretation of the bedroom wallpaper is fantastic. The Elizabeth Bennett stamp from IndigoBLu - definitely one of my favourites and your stamping skills are amazing!!
    Thanks for entering this week @ TTPH.
    ~ Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: