Followers

Friday 9 November 2012

Enter if you dare



Not for the faint-hearted was challenge 8: “Skeleton Dance... Color and element challenge; use bones, skulls, and or Skeletons and only Black and White for your colors.”

I might have stretched the colour one a bit as I used a lot of grey on Igor Miller, but, hey, grey is black and white mixed!  It doesn’t look it but the border around the tag is white too but the coffin is not flat, it’s about 10mm high and Igor is adhere with an Action Wobble so he sits higher than the coffin.  As such when I scanned this in the white ended up looking a bit beige.  I hand wrote the lettering on the coffin with a Picket Fence Distress Marker.


Copic colours I used were:
Hair, shirt and pants C-1, C-3, C-5, C7, 100 (shirt and pants)
Eyes C-1, C-3, C-5
Skin, patches and shoes W-1, W-3, W-5, W-7

So where’s the skeleton you ask?  Well, do you dare enter and find out?


The skull door handle is a brad and I stuck the right side of the coffin lid down, which I cut from Happy Hauntings on my Cricut, to create hinge.  I love how Igor’s hand looks like he is reaching out for a door handle, the perfect match for what I wanted to achieve with this tag.

The skeleton inside is also from the same cart and I added some Glossy Accents to make it stand out from the black interior a bit more.  I also used decoupage glue to adhere it so that it didn’t sit flat.  The sentiment stickers both say ‘boo’.  I wanted to cover the back of the brad and the 3D Zot I embedded it into so it would sit raised on the outside, so I added a puffy, glittery skull sticker from my SBS Secret Pumpkin Swap stash.

The sentiment sticker across the bottom says ‘All Hallow’s Eve’.  On reflection I think I should have used this one on my graveyard scene tag and put the ‘Frightening’ one on this one.

Still I am really happy with how this tag turned out.  It went to a 9 year old boy who thought it was really cool and, ultimately, is why we craft; to bring wonder and joy to others.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: