Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Tween spirit

When I was growing up you went from a kid to a teen but now we have tweens with some of the cute of a kid and some of the attitude of a teen.  One of my nieces is turning 11 next month so I think that makes her officially a tween, the perfect excuse to use this stamp with attitude.




She’s a digi stamp from Tiddly Inks aptly called Whatever! and I coloured her with my Copics.  She has beautiful auburn hair just like my niece.  I added Liquid Glass to her hair to make it shine.




I cut the wonky squares and the shape around the sentiment using my Cricut, I used Wild Card and George carts but I forget which image was on which cart.  I cut them from yellow cardstock and then inked them with olive ink.  I added some Perfect Pearls Patina Green to the still wet ink to give a hint of sparkle.  I then used Liquid Glass to create an epoxy sticker look.


The background was letterpressed using the Distress Stripes Cuttlebug folder.  I only have three inks for letterpressing so I was limited in my colour choice but I think the green and silver works with the other colours I chose.  It’s a bit smudgy (my second attempt at letterpressing so I still haven't mastered the inking bit yet) but I think that just adds to the grunge look of the card.

I needed something to add a bit of embellishment and the sprockets and gears from Tim Holtz were just perfect, I layered two on top of each other and fixed them with one of the included brads.  I didn’t have a stamp that fit for the sentiment so I printed one from my computer and traced it on to the tag.  I used Picket Fence Distress Marker to ink it.

I based the whole thing on a sketch from Raq’s challenge over at the Cricut MB from a couple of weeks ago.  It’s taken me this long to finish it but I'm really happy with the way this card turned out. 

I’ll be seeing my niece in a couple of weeks, it’s a bit early for her birthday but will give her her card and present so I can do so in person rather than mailing as I’ve had to do in past years.  I’m putting together a craft bucket with card bases and bits and pieces so hope this card will help inspire her with her own crafting.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Emily what an awesome card! I love all the details and thanks for sharing how you created it. Love the green over the yellow I am sure niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: